Trekking: the Talaia Vella
An excursion for all ages
Trip to the Talaia Vella (868m).
The Talaia Vella (Old Beacon), is a mountain placed North from the picturesque town of Valldemossa (450m). It offers a series of view points with spectacular sights of Palma, the Pla de Mallorca and the North coast of the island.
The main characteristic of this excursion is the beauty of the
wonderful landscape and the importance of the legacy left in the island
by the Archduke Luis Salvador of Austria in the shape of mountain
trails. The excursion takes place through the forests of the Sierra de
Tramuntana, with plenty of shadow, making it suitable for all times of
the year, including summer.
- Departs every Saturday.
- Pick-up at 8:30h in the Hotel.
- Transfer with private van to the town of Valldemossa (25 min).
- Excursion (330h, different stops included).
- Spare time in Valldemossa (30min).
- Transfer back to the Hotel (25min).
- Estimated returning time: 13:30h.
* Profile of the excursion:
- Slope: 400 mts both on the way up and down.
- Length: 7 km.
- A regular physical condition is required, while the minimum age is 7 years old.
- Every participant needs to take at least 1 liter of water with him, and wear proper shoes (mountain or sports shoes) and comfortable clothes.
- 55€ per person on reservations for 2 pax.
- 45€ per person on reservations for 3 pax.
- 35€ per person for groups of 4 to 8 pax.
- Reservations must be booked at least 5 days before the excursion date.
This trip is made with the mountain guides of MallorcAlpina, a Majorcan company with more than 12 years of experience working in the Sierra de Tramuntana and many mountain chains in different continents. All of them are licensed mountain guides with the knowledge and capacity to transmit everything related to mountain activities. For that reason, the participants in this excursion will learn about flora and fauna, as well as ethnography and history.
The main interests of MallorcAlpina are good treatment and profound care for safety in the mountain, making sure that everyone who books this trip will fully enjoy a day in the amazing mountains of Valldemossa.